Location: Greater LA
For 115 years, Jewish National Fund USA has been on the ground in Israel improving the lives of its residents and developing the land for the next generations. No other organization makes a bigger difference for the land and people of Israel.
JNF has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade (http://www.jnf.org/assets/pdf/thebilliondollarroadmap_digital_v-1.pdf), a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan for Israel's future that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel's Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, and aliyah from North America.
JNF seeks to recruit an experienced Fundraiser with an emphasis on Major Gift donations who will be based out of the JNF Van Nuys office. This position will be responsible for growing the Greater Los Angeles Major Gift area with an emphasis on the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
• In partnership with the Greater Los Angeles Executive Director, develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, entry points, moves management and major gift solicitations.
• Work with the current Greater Los Angeles team to develop a corporate sponsorship program
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
•Developing and identifying major gift prospects
•Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership
•A passion for Israel.
•The Major Gifts Director should have at least 10 years of relative experience in sales/fundraising
•Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
•Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
•Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship
•Excellent writing and speaking skills
•Are passionate about our work.
You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
You aren’t afraid to think outside the box. You are always bringing new ideas to the table and are able to strategize a plan of how to make them reality.
A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
You are a dependable and self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision.
Extra Credit Experience:
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish Community in the Greater Los Angeles area
• Salesforce data management.
• Opportunity to Travel to Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare
• Dental & Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) With Generous Employer Contribution
To apply, click here