Analyst and commentator on Israeli Economic and financial affairs
Availability: Contact JNF Speakers Bureau for availability or contact the speaker directly.
Middle Eastern and Foreign Affairs, Inside Israel and US Government
Born and educated in London, Pinchas Landau has been living in Israel since 1976 and is one of the country's leading independent analysts and commentators on Israeli economic and financial affairs. Prior to establishing an independent consultancy in 1997, he was for many years one of Israel's most prominent financial journalists. Today, his original and insightful analyses are available in written reports, as lectures and presentations and via private consultations.
In 1996, Pinchas launched The Landau Report, a newsletter and consultancy service addressing the needs of foreign firms and financial institutions active in Israel and the Middle East. Its unique format examines the trends underlying all the key areas of relevance to people and institutions with investments or business in Israel, including Regional Developments, Domestic Politics, Macro-Economics, Corporate Affairs and Financial Markets.
Download a prepared introduction for Pinchas Landau pinchas-landau.doc
Israeli economy and finance:
- Not by high-tech alone: what makes the Israeli economy tick?
- Globalization – blessing or curse? The Israeli case
- Investing in Israel: Opportunities and risks for American investors
Antisemitism and Aliyah:
- 'The same old, the same old': antisemitism, Jewish emigration and aliyah - the historic pattern and why it's happening again in the 21st century.
- The coming wave of aliyah from Europe - sources, prospects and implication
Israeli society and politics:
- Israel as a tribal society: a fresh look at Israeli politics, society and economics
- Orthodoxy and ultra-Orthodoxy in Israel: still in a bull market or a bubble about to burst?
- Can there be a rational explanation for the Israeli political system?
- The struggle for supremacy in the Moslem world: Sunnjis vs Shi'ites and the impact on Israel
- Strange bedfellows - why the Saudis support Israel, and other surprising features of current Middle Eastern politics.