Choose from the following to see your region's page:
It is known that residents of the western states in the U.S. care passionately about the environment, but did you know that the same holds true for the Jewish community as well? Education also tops the list of their concerns and JNF is able to provide the means for this population to get involved where they want to and make a tangible difference both at home and in Israel.
Over the past few years our zone:
- Established an annual community-wide breakfast that raises funds and creates awareness for the Caravan for Democracy High School program. This program directly benefits the area by preparing these students to speak knowledgably about Israel when they reach college campuses. It also connects JNF to the population in a very personal way.
- Works closely with a growing Israeli population, many of whom work in the hi-tech community, with the help Israeli emissary Amir Levi and a strong relationship with the Israel Consul General’s office.
- Launched a JNFuture group to engage the next generation of leaders at a hugely successful eco-farm event that brought to the forefront JNF’s environmental work in Israel.
- Educated the community about the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, the premier environmental teaching and research program in the Middle East that prepares future Arab and Jewish leaders to cooperatively solve the region's environmental challenges.
- Raised funds for much-needed water reservoirs in Israel in a community that understands preservation, recycling, and conservation language.
- Collaborated with other organizations to include Federation and major foundations, with the single goal of bettering the lives of the people of Israel.
- Led many missions to Israel where people saw their dollars at work first hand.
- Began a three-year campaign in Denver to raise funds for a new dorm at the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, the premier environmental teaching and research program in the Middle East.
The Western Zone has regional offices in Denver, Las Vegas, Orange County, Palm Springs, Phoenix, San Diego, and San Francisco.