Jewish National Fund on Recent Violence in Israel
Jewish National Fund expresses its condolences and sadness over the loss of lives due to the latest violence and terror that has plagued Israel in the past month. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the families and to all who have been affected by these attacks. We also call on supporters of Israel to raise their voices. Do not remain silent in the face of threats.
Here are 5 things you can do to stand with Israel right now.
- Educate Yourself: Listen to our emergency briefing with Nir Barkat, Mayor of Jerusalem and Rabbi Joshua Fass, Executive Director of Nefesh B'Nefesh that took place on Thursday, October 15th, 2015.
Mayor Barkat briefed us on the latest events unfolding on the streets of Jerusalem and steps being taken to address the situation. He stressed "speaking the truth" on social media. Rabbi Fass spoke of current Olim who are unwavering in their plans to move to our homeland.
- Advocate: Write to your local and state elected officials thanking them for their continued support of Israel in the face of terrorism.
- Participate: Wrap yourself in an Israeli flag to show your support on Facebook.
- Monitor: Keep abreast of trending hashtags and call out officials and media outlets on their bias.
- Visit: Join a JNF Mission to Israel and show your solidarity with the people of Israel today.
Together we can ensure that Israel and the Israeli public know that they have our support. JNF remains your voice in Israel and continues to work toward creating and building a thriving and safe Israel for all.