Celebrate Tu BiShvat. Plant a Tree in Israel.
Engage your students in connecting to Israel while helping the environment.
Connect your students to their roots with JNF’s Tu BiShvat in the Schools Program. Planting a tree in Israel is the way to celebrate Tu BiShvat. When your students participate in this program, they will be following in the traditions of their parents and grandparents. Students will receive a beautiful JNF Tree Certificate to remind them of the connection to the land and people of Israel that they share with their family.
Register for JNF’s Tu BiShvat in the Schools program to receive everything you will need to educate, engage, and energize your students to celebrate Tu BiShvat this year.
Choose The Way You Participate:
1) Encourage each student to fulfill the mitzvah of tree planting and set a goal for 100% participation from your class and school!
2) Pick a goal of how many trees your entire school will plant and encourage everyone to help make it happen. All it takes is 100 trees to receive special recognition in Israel!
NEW 3) Use a webpage set up specifically for your school to plant your Tu BiShvat trees! All schools will receive a certificate upon completion of their Tu BiShvat campaign; plaques are received as stated below. *With this method, note the following changes: donors do not receive tree certificates and students will only receive individual certificates if the school reaches the $1,800 or higher donation level. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use this option. Must register for this by Dec 16th.
JNF Recognizes Students & Schools for Program Participation:
- Schools that plant 100 trees or more will receive special recognition with a plaque at American Independence Park in Jerusalem. Schools that raise $1,800, $2,500, or $5,000 will have a plaque placed in their honor. A certificate will also be sent to the school for display.
- JNF will plant a tree on behalf of each student participant and they will receive a commemorative certificate (unless you are using the online method, note information above)
Your Program Kit Will Include:
- JNF tree order forms and envelopes – one for every student to participate.
- A fun Tu BiShvat poster for your classroom. Personalize your poster with pictures of your students as they plant their trees in Israel! Email us a picture of your finished poster at email@example.com so we can post it on our website and our facebook page.
- Stickers to give to students when they turn in their tree envelopes.
- Copy of Tu BiShvat TREEsource for Kids, two versions of educational content, one for 1st-4th grade and the other for 5th-8th grade.
- Two sample letters to send home to parents explaining the program.
- Access to webpages for Tu BiShvat programming and educational resources, at jnf.org/treesource and jnf.org/yourpage.
Please distribute one tree order envelope to each student in time for Tu BiShvat. Tree order envelopes should be brought home and returned to the school with complete information as soon as possible. Please make sure that each envelope is sealed.
Send all sealed orders, in one large envelope, to:
JNF Tu BiShvat in the Schools Program
78 Randall Ave • Rockville Centre, NY 11570
Please mail all tree orders to JNF by March 1, 2013 so you may receive your tree certificates in a timely manner.
Upon our receipt of your school’s tree orders, an email confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address provided on your program registration. If you do not receive an email from us within two weeks of sending the order, please contact our office directly.
*You can ask families to mail tree envelopes directly to JNF and students’ certificates will be mailed directly to their home. Families will not receive an e-mail confirmation of their order. Please note: bulk orders from schools are generally processed faster – if this system has worked for you in the past, we encourage you to continue to participate in this manner. Certificates take 3-4 weeks to process. Only this year’s JNF tree order forms will be accepted.
*If more forms or posters are required, contact us and we will send them at no charge.
Questions? Contact us at 212-879-9305 ext. 245 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.