Director of Admissions AMHSI, Rockville Centre
Location: Rockville Centre
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, a signature program of Jewish National Fund (JNF) and known as HSI or AMHSI, delivers a transformative experience for teens through its semester, mini-mester and summer abroad programs in Israel. Unlike any other experience, we are the only pluralist, non-denominational, fully accredited international study abroad program in Israel for high school students – one in which the land of Israel becomes a living classroom. Students spend part of the academic school year or summer in Israel during the sophomore, junior or senior year of high school on an academic adventure, earning high school and college credits. Students enjoy a college-prep environment, living on our Hod HaSharon campus while exploring over 4,000 years of fascinating history, experiencing the land, culture and people of Israel. AMHSI students return home with a heightened level of maturity and responsibility, along with strong bonds to new friends and a deeper connection to the State of Israel that lasts a lifetime.
AHMHSI seeks a Director of Admissions based in the Jewish National Funds Rockville Centre office.
- Working on all operational aspects of the admissions process including, travel arrangements, appropriate paperwork including academic transcripts, medical records, and any other student requirements have been received and are up to date before students go to Israel.
- Giving prompt responsiveness to inquiries and requests from all parties including students, parents and the Israel office
- Working closely with Israel office to ensure all information is received in timely manner and is dealt with in advance of student arrival
- Assist in development of coordinated financial aid, scholarships, advisement and registration processes for new students
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 plus years work experience. Work in an admissions setting is preferred.
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively, self-driven and motivated, quick learner
- Understanding social media and its ability to be used as a recruitment tool
- Experience with Microsoft Office, internet research, Google Docs and CRM systems and ability to setup and use technology for presentation
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with individuals as well as groups, must be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive or confidential information.
If you are interested please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to [email protected]