Director, Latin Division, Southern Florida
Location: Miami-Dade & Broward
We see a bright, beautiful future for Israel and the Jewish people. But we cannot succeed in bringing our vision to life without you. Jewish National Fund is seeking a full-time, professional position for a Director, Latin Division, to be based in Miami-Dade & Broward, Florida.
You will be charged with developing relationships with prospective and current donors to raise money for Jewish National Fund’s National Campaign to support projects and programs for Israel. The main expectation for accomplishing this is through solicitations and board development. You will be responsible for fundraising within the Latin American community throughout South Florida.
- Developing a Latin Division Advisory Board consisting of community leaders representing various Latin countries, and South Florida communities
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
- Regular and frequent meetings with Latin-American community leaders to establish JNF’s presence, and “brand” in the Latino community
- Oversee large and small events that will attract community members; use these events to identify potential donors to JNF; follow up with these individuals for cultivation and solicitation
- Increasing participation in JNF travel and missions, Women and Affinity Groups engagement, JNFuture, and AMHSI enrollment
- Assist in creation of a Latin track and solicit corporate sponsors for National Conference 2018
- Create inroads with schools and key, heavily Latin-populated congregations and rabbinic leaders
- Create a “Latin Advisory Committee” to assist in events, cultivations, solicitations and JNF ambassadorship, and increase Latin presence on Task Forces
- Develop Spanish marketing materials (flyers, videos, direct marketing) and B’yachad column
- A passion for Israel
- Knowledge of the Latin Community in Southern Florida
- 2+ years of fundraising or similar sales experience
- Nonprofit boards and/or committees development experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is required
- Understand our audience: You have your fingers on the pulse of the Latin American Community in South Florida with an eye on what’s next.
- Are passionate about our work: You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
- Have a knack for making friends where ever you go: Your interpersonal communication skills are off the charts. Networking is second nature to you and you are able to not only lead an engaging conversation, but are also able to lay the foundation and nurture relationships with various people.
- Are a team player: You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and work with people across departments to accomplish our goals.
- Take ownership of your projects and get things done: You are able to prioritize, organize, and juggle multiple tasks, no matter how big or small, to get the job done. When you need help, you're not afraid to ask. You are solution orientated and have grace under pressure.
- Dream big: You aren’t afraid to think outside the box. You are always bringing new ideas to the table and are able to strategize a plan of how to make them reality.
- Are professional: You’re trustworthy and equipped to handle and maintain confidential information.
Extra Credit Experience:
- Salesforce data management.
- Opportunity to Travel to Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Employer Contribution
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]