Israel Programs Admissions Director, AMHSI and JNF, Mid-Atlantic
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, a proud partner of Jewish National Fund (JNF) and known as HSI or AMHSI, delivers a transformative experience for teens through its semester and summer abroad programs in Israel. Unlike any other program, we are the only pluralist, non-denominational, fully accredited international study abroad program in Israel for high school students – one in which Israel becomes a living classroom. Students spend part of the academic school year or summer in Israel during the sophomore, junior or senior year of high school on an academic and fun adventure, earning high school and college credit. Students enjoy college-prep and college living in a high school environment while exploring 4,000 years of fascinating history, experiencing the land, culture and people of Israel. AMHSI students return home with a heightened level of maturity and responsibility, along with strong bonds to new friends and a deeper connection to the State of Israel that lasts a lifetime.
AMHSI and JNF seek an Israel Programs Admissions Director for the Baltimore, Washington D.C, and Virginia area. The location for this position can either be home based or at the JNF Baltimore or Washington DC office.
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, Recruitment:
- Initiate and facilitate relationships and recruitment opportunities including: Prospective Parent/Student meeting and parlor meetings at individual homes, local schools, synagogues, JCC’s, and more
- Utilize Salesforce platform to create, cultivate and track leads, schedule events
- Communication with AMHSI leads to ensure follow through with online application
- Work with Israel Advocacy & Education Executive Director to develop ‘long term recruitment’ strategy & goals
- Work with AMHSI Director of Marketing, PR and Communications on social media strategies and identifying local promotional opportunities
- Develop relationships with teachers and counselors to explain the benefits of AMHSI
- Work with regions to manage event publicity and logistics
- Identify local funding opportunities, scholarships, and JNF Scholarship opportunities
Israel Advocacy & Education:
- School programs include, but are not limited to: Blue Box Bob, Tu BiShvat in the Schools, Let Us Play, B’nai Mitzvah Projects, Plant Your Way to Israel, Caravan for Democracy High School Edition.
- Campus programs include, but are not limited to: Caravan for Democracy, recruiting for and possibly staffing JNF/Shorashim Taglit-Birthright Israel trips, Alternative Break trips.
- Synagogue programs include, but are not limited to: Tu BiShvat Across America, Speakers Bureau, Rabbis for Israel and Positively Israel.
- National Program Responsibility: Implement program plan for assigned national program responsibility.
- To fulfill these job responsibilities, travel will be needed for approximately 40% of the time.
- Self-driven and motivated, sales oriented, quick learner, approachable with energy and enthusiasm for teen Israel experiences
- Experience with Microsoft Office, internet research, Google Docs and CRM systems and ability to setup and use technology for presentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think outside the box
- Occasional travel within the US and Israel and some nights and weekend work are required
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with individuals as well as groups, must be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive or confidential information.
- Candidates for this position must have a B.A. or B.S. degree
- 1 or more years’ experience working with a non-profit fundraising organization or work with an educational institution highly preferred. This individual will work directly with on-campus organizations and students, JCCs and major youth movements, synagogues, and supplemental and day schools.
- Knowledge of Israel and current trends in the Jewish community is required.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Candidates must have a valid US driver’s license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]