Israel Programs Admissions Director, Texas
For 117 years, Jewish National Fund USA has been on the ground in Israel improving the lives of its residents and developing the land for the next generations. No other organization makes a bigger difference for the land and people of Israel.
The Jewish National Fund Education Department engages and educates high school students by getting them excited and passionate about Israel and connecting them to the land and its people. On top of offering high level educational programs about water & water conservation, the environment & sustainability, and special needs & inclusiveness, JNF also offers a unique summer teen trip to Israel and an annual college conference.
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, a signature program of Jewish National Fund (JNF) and known as HSI or AMHSI, delivers a transformative experience for teens through its semester, mini-mester and summer abroad programs in Israel. Unlike any other experience, we are the only pluralist, non-denominational, fully accredited international study abroad program in Israel for high school students – one in which the land of Israel becomes a living classroom. Students spend part of the academic school year or summer in Israel during the sophomore, junior or senior year of high school on an academic adventure, earning high school and college credits. Students enjoy a college-prep environment, living on our Hod HaSharon campus while exploring over 4,000 years of fascinating history, experiencing the land, culture and people of Israel. AMHSI students return home with a heightened level of maturity and responsibility, along with strong bonds to new friends and a deeper connection to the State of Israel that lasts a lifetime.
AMHSI and JNF seek an Israel Programs Admissions Director to be based in either Dallas or Austin. This is an Education Department role within JNF and will have 3 main focus areas: Recruitment, Israel Advocacy and Education. This position will be responsible for recruitment efforts throughout Dallas and Austin.
Responsibilities will include:
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, Recruitment:
- Initiate and facilitate relationships and recruitment opportunities including: Prospective Parent/Student meeting and parlor meetings at individual homes, local schools, synagogues, JCC’s, and more
- Utilize Salesforce platform to create, cultivate and track leads, schedule events
- Communication with AMHSI leads to ensure follow through with online application
- Work with National Director of Recruitment to develop ‘long term recruitment’ strategy & goals
- Develop relationships with teachers and counselors to explain the benefits of AMHSI
- Work with regions to manage event publicity and logistics
- Identify local funding opportunities, scholarships, and JNF Scholarship opportunities
Israel Advocacy & Education:
- Engage Jewish Day Schools and Supplementary Schools with JNF education programs such as Blue Box Bob, Tu Bishvat in the Schools, Plant Your Way to Israel and Yom Haatzmaut programs
- Recruit for JNF campus programs such as Caravan for Democracy, College Summit and Alternative Winter Break; staff JNF Alternative Break trips and possibly JNF/Shorashim Birthright trips
- Engage synagogues with programs such as Tu BiShvat Across America, Speakers Bureau and Rabbis for Israel
- Have a passion for Israel and enthusiasm for teen Israel experiences
- Are self-driven and motivated
- Are sales oriented
- Are a quick learner
- Are approachable with energy and have an ability to connect to various age groups on different levels
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think outside the box
- Knowledge of Israel and current trends in the Jewish community
- Experience with Microsoft Office, internet research, Google Docs and ability to setup and use technology for presentation
- Travel throughout Texas will be required on a day to basis. Approximately 40% of the time and other occasional travel within the US and Israel will be required
- Some nights and weekend work are required
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively with individuals as well as groups, must be a team player
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive or confidential information.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Candidates must have a valid US driver’s license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
- Candidates for this position must have a B.A. or B.S. degree
Extra Credit Experience:
- 1 or more years’ experience working with a non-profit fundraising organization or work with an educational institution highly preferred. This individual will work directly with on-campus organizations and students, JCCs and major youth movements, synagogues, and supplemental and day schools.
- Salesforce data management.
- Opportunity to Travel to Israel
- Top-notch Healthcare
- Dental & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- 403(b) and Generous Employer Contribution
If you are interested in this position please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]