Major Gifts Director, Greater Los Angeles
Location: Van Nuys, CA
We see a bright, beautiful future for Israel and the Jewish people. But we cannot succeed in bringing our vision to life without you. As Jewish National Fund's Major Gifts Director located in Greater Los Angeles, you will be responsible for growing Major Gifts throughout the Greater Los Angeles area. This position can be home based or in our Van Nuys office.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
• In partnership with the Greater Los Angeles Executive Director, develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, entry points, moves management and major gift solicitations.
• Work with the current Greater Los Angeles team to develop a corporate sponsorship program
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
• Developing and identifying major gift prospects
• Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership
• Mission recruitment
• Major Gifts Event Planning
• A passion for Israel.
• The Major Gifts Director should have at least 5 years of relative experience in sales/fundraising
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
• Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship
• Excellent writing and speaking skills
• Are passionate about our work.
You understand the importance of Israel and want to help us continue to build and support the land and its people.
• Dream big.
You aren’t afraid to think outside the box. You are always bringing new ideas to the table and are able to strategize a plan of how to make them reality.
• Are Creative.
A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
You are a dependable and self-disciplined individual who is capable of minimal on-site supervision.
Extra Credit Experience:
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish Community in the Greater Los Angeles area
• Salesforce data management.
• Opportunity to Travel to Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare
• Dental & Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) With Generous Employer Contribution
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]