Alternative Winter and Spring Break is an incredible opportunity to volunteer in Israel and do something you would not do on an ordinary trip. Join JNF and other young adults for a week of community service in either Northern or Southern Israel and connect to the land and people of Israel in a meaningful way.
How It Works
Participants are responsible for raising a minimum of $1100, using an easy online program to communicate by email with family and friends. The trip is FREE, paid for by generous JNF donors. Round-trip domestic airfare is not included. This trip is open to any Jewish young adult between the ages of 18 – 30.
How to Join an Alternative Break Team
1. Select your trip: "Sign up for Southern Israel" or "Sign up for Northern Israel" on the top right hand corner of the Alternative Break homepage.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and search for "Team Name" in the box provided.
3. When you find your Team Name, select "Join".
4. Make sure to select the correct trip date for your Team.
5. Register and Start Fundraising!
Who It Benefits
Trips to Southern Israel will benefit JNF's Blueprint Negev campaign to sustainably develop the Negev Desert and make it home to Israel's next generation of pioneers.
Trips to Northern Israel will benefit JNF's Operation Carmel Renewal to help rebuild Northern Israel from the devastating December 2010 fire.