ADI NEGEV-NAHALAT ERAN
Servicing the healthcare needs of Southern Israel
ADI NEGEV-NAHALAT ERAN Stands with Israel: Israel Resilience Campaign Activity
- Located near Ofakim on the border with Gaza, ADI Negev-Nahalat Eran has become a critical site in the current War
- Before the Kaylie Rehabilitation Hospital at ADI Negev Nahalat Eran opened, there were only 850 rehabilitation beds in all of Israel, and none of them were located in the south. The new beds provided by this new hospital are quickly becoming essential to the care of the wounded.
- We are working to bring in more workers both from Israel and abroad to finish the ward as quickly as possible and open up additional beds.
- ADI Negev needs to be able to attract high-quality employees and volunteers (who still require food and housing) as they are down about 150 staff members, leaving those who are left to work around the clock.
- Soon to open and operate a “beta” hospital as an emergency trauma and rehabilitation ward ready to receive patients from around the country
ADI NEGEV Everyday Work
Jewish National Fund-USA affiliate ADI Negev-Nahalat Eran is a 25-acre, state-of-the-art rehabilitative village in Israel’s Negev Desert that offers unparalleled care for people with severe disabilities, empowering residents and outpatients to reach their potential for communication and development while providing thousands of jobs to area residents.
SENSORY TOYS: $1,800
Provides sensory stimulation for residents with visual and hearing impairment through sound, motion, and flashing lights.
ENHANCED HYDROTHERAPY PROGRAM: $2,500
Sponsor one month of classes for 12 students who who indicate marked improvement from hydrotherapy.
THERAPEUTIC SAFARI PETTING ZOO PROGRAM: $3,600
Sponsor one month of animal therapy for residents. The program provides hands-on animal care providing sensory stimulation, nurture and bonding, and motor skills practice.
VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM: $5,000
Vocational training for one young adult with cognitive or physical disabilities offering them meaningful and challenging employment opportunities.