JEWISH NATIONAL FUND ANNOUNCES NEW “PLANT YOUR WAY” ONLINE PLATFORM
Trips to Israel, Alexander Muss High School in Israel, & Money
Raised for Projects via Plant Your Way, 100% Tax Deductible
NEW YORK, NY: June 1, 2018—Jewish National Fund today revealed its new Plant Your Way website that easily allows individuals to raise money for a future trip to Israel while helping build the land of Israel.
First introduced in 2000, Plant Your Way has allowed many hundreds of young people a personal fundraising platform to raise money for a trip to Israel while giving back at the same time. Over the last 18 years, more than $1.3 million has been generated for Jewish National Fund projects, typically by high school students. The new platform allows parents/grandparents along with family, friends, coworkers and classmates to open Plant Your Way accounts for individuals from birth up to the age of 30, and for schools to raise money for trips as well. Fifty percent of the money raised supports Jewish National Fund initiatives and the balance is applied towards a scholarship towards their trip to Israel.
Yishai Goldflam, Jewish National Fund’s executive director for Israel Advocacy and Education shared, “This new website is the easiest way for an individual to fund a trip to Israel. With contributions matched by businesses, it has never been simpler to raise and put money away for a great trip for the participant that will also help the land and people of Israel. The fact that it can be applied to any Jewish National Fund trip and the Alexander Muss High School in Israel (AMHSI-JNF) is a huge bonus because donors can take advantage of the 100% tax deductible status of the contributions.”
Some of the benefits include:
- Donations are 100% tax deductible;
- It’s a great way to teach children and young adults the basics of fundraising, while they build a connection to Israel and plan a personal trip to Israel;
- Funds raised can be applied to any Israel trip - (up to age 30);
- Participant can designate to any of Jewish National Fund’s seven program areas, including forestry and green innovation, water solutions, disability and special needs, Israel advocacy and education, heritage sites, research and development, and community building;
- The new platform is user- and digital friendly, allowing a campaign to be created in only a few steps;
- Money raised can be applied towards the world class accredited Alexander Muss High School in Israel (AMHSI-JNF).
For more information or to sign up, visit jnf.org/plantyourway or contact [email protected] or call 212-879-9305 x 245.