Jan 15, 2021
Remembering the 35 brave soldiers known as Israel's Lamed Heh
By Shani Simkowitz
Jan 29, 2021
Why I dedicated my life to Israel even before I visited it
By Deb Rochford
Feb 12, 2021
The magic chair
By Gaylee Schif
Nov 16, 2012 By Jewish National Fund Category: Education,
Israel is Under Attack: YOU can help!
1/5 of Israel’s population is under siege. Here’s how you can help.Jewish National Fund is taking action to help the more than one million Israelis in cities and towns under attack. Rockets have now reached as far as Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. School is cancelled. Life has come to a standstill.
You can help. Make your voice heard. Respond Now
Beginning Sunday morning, JNF will be opening the following locations to all citizens of southern Israel at no charge:
- JNF is working with Sderot Mayor David Bouskila to keep its Sderot Indoor Recreation Center, which doubles as a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, open 24 hours a day. Sleeping arrangements are being made, services will being offered for seniors, and Green Horizons, a JNF partner, will provide entertainment for children.
- JNF is providing aid to Israeli firefighters, who have been on call 24 hours a day and are the first on the scene of rocket-ignited fires and rocket-related accidents. Donations are being used to purchase much-needed firefighting equipment, send food to fire stations, and provide personal toiletry kits to firefighters.
- With rockets falling in the new community of Halutza, JNF is providing funds so that children can be taken away from the region. This will finance student and educational staff transportation, activities, and sleeping arrangements.
These activities will cost an estimated $25,000 per 1,800 people.
- Ammunition Hill in Jerusalem
- Neot Kedumim near Modiin
- 30 historical sites managed by the Society for Preservation of Israel Heritage sites, a JNF partner, including the Ayalon Institute, Atlit, and many more
- Kiftzuba amusement park outside of Jerusalem
- JNF will provide buses to bring children and families to these sites from a few designated areas approved by the IDF Home Front Command. Food and entertainment are also being provided.
- JNF is working to open the auditorium in Heichal Shlomo, where its Jerusalem offices are housed, for free movies and shows.
Stand with Israel and show your support today. Respond Now
Register for a conference call on Monday, November 19, 2012, at 1:00 pm EST to hear an update on the situation from Israel's Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon.
Download JNF's emergency relief flyer and place copies in your local synagogue, JCC, deli, and supermarket.