Western Galilee Now
Supporting Small Businesses Around the Galilee
WESTERN GALILEE NOW Stands with Israel: Israel Resilience Campaign Activity
- Established a shop for care packages that can be sent to displaced families, soldiers, or an individual of your choice. This provides much needed relief and happiness AND supports the small businesses from Galilee and Negev, that make up the backbone of Israel’s economy
- Cooking nutritious food for soldiers. Many of WGN members who are chefs and cooks, are now cooking for soldiers. One example is Basma Hino, a Druze woman and IDF widower who started cooking at her Druze restaurant Noor when war started. Paul Nirens and Dudi Dayan, other WGN members teamed up with her and the operation grew. Many volunteers from all over the Galilee join them and help in cooking, packing and sponsorships, to cook at least 400 Shabbat dinners a week.
- Small business owners are using their skills to support evacuees by hosting workshops and classes for displaced Israelis, everything from chocolate making to dancing to photography.
- Hosting professional lectures on Zoom for small businesses navigating a difficult time and uncertain future and giving them professional consultancy
- Opened a hotline for small businesses to be connected with the right consultant for their needs
- Connecting members to partner for good, one restaurant owner (whose restaurant is now closed due to evacuations) could be found in a fellow member’s fields picking vegetables this week!
WESTERN GALILEE NOW: Everyday Work
Western Galilee Now is a consortium of small businesses around the Galilee as well as social businesses and kibbutzim that rely on tourism as their source of income. By helping these businesses grow through means of training and marketing, they employ more people which enables them to stay in the region.
WESTERN GALILEE NOW MEMBERSHIP: $1,800
Sponsor a 12 month Western Galilee Now membership to support business development, marketing, and training for a family business.
“EXPOSURE TOURS” FOR TOUR GUIDES AND TOUR AGENTS: $2,500
Sponsor 2 one-day tours of the Galilee for guides and tourism operators.
“HOP ON HOP OFF” BUS TOURS FROM AKKO TO THE WESTERN GALILEE: $3,600
1st time in Israel! Regional site seeing with “hop on hop off” bus for tourists and licensed tour guide to explore the Galilee’s magic. 2-3 buses per day (including the bus and tour guides).
ART EXHIBIT AT THE SPACE GALLERY SPONSORSHIP: $5,000
Sponsor a 6-month art exhibit at the JNF-USA Western Galilee Tourist Center.
For other giving levels and donation opportunities for Western Galilee Now, please contact Dar Nadler at [email protected]