Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel
December 26, 2019 – January 5, 2020
VISIT • LEARN • TAKE ACTION
The Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission is a 10-day, fully subsidized educational program to Israel for non-Jewish student leaders who have never been there. This unique trip provides students with the opportunity to explore the Jewish and democratic country of Israel through meetings with political, cultural and community leaders from diverse backgrounds and faiths. Ideal candidates are American students who hold leadership positions in student organizations including, but not limited to, government, ethnic and minority groups, LGBTQ groups, women’s groups, service groups and Greek life who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors at the time of travel.
For a sample itinerary, please click here
Participants are selected through a competitive application and interview process. Those selected will be required to participate in pre-trip webinars in the fall semester and facilitate follow up campus activities in the spring semester. JNF covers transportation to and from Israel, accommodations, most meals and all excursions. Participants are responsible for their own domestic transportation to and from the New York City area. Flights will be departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- Applicants must NOT have visited Israel before.
- Applicants must hold quantifiable leadership roles on campus and in their community.
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student for the full 2019-2020 academic year. Please do not apply if you plan on studying off campus in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Completed applications must include detailed answers, resume, profile picture, and two (2) reference letters.
- Reference letters may come from faculty, administrators, employers, community leaders, and student leaders.
- Finalists selected will be required to participate in a video call interview.
- Applications are due May 28, 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information, please contact Eliana Dalfen at [email protected] or 212.879.9305 x263.
Please Note: Dates are tentative and subject to change.
Caravan for Democracy is generously supported by:
JNF Boruchin Israel Education and Advocacy Center
Bernice Friedman, Las Vegas, NV
The Simon and Ethel Flegg Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Sam and Joan Ginsburg Charitable Fund
Eugene and Anita Goldstein, Brooklyn, NY
Michael G. Lederman, Little Compton, RI
The Richard Schoenstadt Memorial Foundation
The Milton and Beatrice Shapiro JNF Scholarship Fund
Geri Shatz, New York, NY
The David and Ruth Simon Family
The David and Linda Stein Family