Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel
Thank you for your
interest in Caravan for Democracy. Applications for the
December 2020 mission are closed. Applications for the December 2021 mission
will be available in January 2021.
December 26, 2020 – January 5, 2021
VISIT • LEARN • TAKE ACTION
The Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission is a 10-day, fully subsidized educational program to Israel for non-Jewish student leaders who have never been there. This unique mission provides students with the opportunity to explore the Jewish and democratic country of Israel through meetings with political, cultural, and community leaders from diverse backgrounds and faiths. Ideal candidates are American students who hold leadership positions in student organizations including, but not limited to government, ethnic, and minority groups, LGBTQ groups, women’s groups, service groups, and Greek life who will be sophomores, juniors, or seniors at the time of travel.
Caravan for Democracy is operated by
For a sample itinerary, please
Participants are selected through a competitive application and interview process. Those selected will be required to participate in pre-mission webinars in the fall semester and facilitate follow up campus activities in the spring semester. JNF covers transportation to and from Israel, accommodations, most meals, and all excursions. Participants are responsible for their own domestic transportation to and from the New York City area. Flights will be departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Please Note: Dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Applicants must NOT have visited Israel before.
- Applicants must hold quantifiable leadership roles on campus and in their community.
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student for the full 2020-2021 academic year. Please do not apply if you plan on studying
in the 2020-2021 academic year. off campus
- Completed applications must include detailed answers, resume, profile picture, and two (2) reference letters.
- Reference letters may come from faculty, administrators, employers, community leaders, and student leaders.
- Finalists selected will be required to participate in a video call interview.
- Applications are due May 31, 2020. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information, please contact Nelson France at [email protected] or 202.750.0095 x295.
Caravan for Democracy is generously supported by:
JNF Boruchin Israel Education and Advocacy Center
The David and Linda Stein Family, Jacksonville, FL
Susan and Barry Tatelman, Boston, MA
Bernice Friedman, Las Vegas, NV
The Milton and Beatrice Shapiro JNF Scholarship Fund, New York, NY
The Sam and Joan Ginsburg Charitable Fund, Westchester, NY
The David and Ruth Simon Family, Owings Mills, MD
Stacy and Barry Kalmanson, Orlando, FL
Stacy and Scott Lewin, Atlanta, GA
Ellen Holtzman, Philadelphia, PA
Lauren France, Washington, D.C.
Ben and Sally Lewensohn Foundation, Media, PA
Barbara Kalmus, Beverly Hills, CA
Geri Shatz (z”l)