Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel
December 30, 2021 – January 9, 2022
VISIT • LEARN • TAKE ACTION
The Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission is a 10-day, fully subsidized educational program for student leaders beyond the Jewish faith who have never been to Israel before. This unique mission provides students with the opportunity to explore the Jewish and democratic country of Israel through meetings with political, cultural, and community leaders from diverse backgrounds and faiths. Ideal candidates are American students who hold leadership positions in student organizations including, but not limited to government, ethnic, and minority groups, LGBTQ groups, women’s groups, service groups, and Greek life who will be sophomores or juniors at the time of travel.
Caravan for Democracy is operated by
For a sample itinerary, please
Participants are selected through a competitive application and interview process. Those selected will be required to participate in pre-mission webinars in the fall semester and facilitate follow up campus activities in the spring semester. JNF covers transportation to and from Israel, accommodations, most meals, and all excursions. Participants are responsible for their own domestic transportation to and from the New York City area. Flights will be departing from John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Please Note: Dates are tentative and subject to change.
- Applicants must NOT have visited Israel before.
- Applicants must hold quantifiable leadership roles on campus and in their community.
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student for the full 2021-2022 academic year. Please do not apply if you plan on graduating in December 2021 or study abroad in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Completed applications must include detailed answers, resume, profile picture, and two (2) reference letters.
- Reference letters may come from faculty, administrators, employers, community leaders, and student leaders.
- Finalists selected will be required to participate in a video call interview.
- Applications are due June 15, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information, please contact Nelson France at [email protected] or 202.750.0095 x295.
Caravan for Democracy is generously supported by:
JNF Boruchin Israel Education and Advocacy Center
The David and Linda Stein Family, Jacksonville, FL
Susan and Barry Tatelman, Boston, MA
The Harvey Hertz Fund, Tampa, FL
Bernice Friedman, Las Vegas, NV
The Milton and Beatrice Shapiro JNF Scholarship Fund, New York, NY
The Sam and Joan Ginsburg Charitable Fund, Westchester, NY
The Fromkin Family Foundation, Morganville, NJ
Stacy and Barry Kalmanson, Orlando, FL
Amy Iles, New York, NY
Stacy and Scott Lewin, Atlanta, GA
Laura and Steve Salzer, Tampa, FL
Ellen Holtzman, Philadelphia, PA
Ben and Sally Lewensohn Foundation, Media, PA
David Pearlman, Tampa, FL
Michael Jacobson, Atlanta, GA
Lauren and Nelson France, Fairfax, VA
Evelyn and David Snyder Foundation, Lakewood Ranch, FL
David Levitt, Longmeadow, MA
Barbara Kalmus, Beverly Hills, CA
Michelle Locker, Studio City, CA
Susan Sommer, Atlanta, GA
The David and Ruth Simon Family, Owings Mills, MD
Geri Shatz (z”l)